
Today has been a really awful day. Its all work related and no-one is going to die or anything but I can feel my emotions and my body reacting. This on top of teh assignment stress and huge workload I already have is not going to help my diet journey...unless.
You see this is where I am now...stood at a cross roads. I am giving myself the benefit of the doubt and saying that what my mind is trying to do is recognise a trigger and a possible situation rather than saying that this is the only course of action.
I came home tonight and identified....
* I had had a hellish day
* My stomach felt really empty
* My head felt like it was in a vice
* I felt tired
* I felt let down
* I craved choccy
So what did I do??
* I attempted to put todays events in some sort of perspective...no one is going to die, people have let me down but the issue is with them not me etc. and what can I do about things and what do I have to leave to someone else.
* Accepted the funny feeling in my stomach may be stress. Thought about breathing exercises and distraction techniques I could do to see if it eased stomach.
* With my head I recognised it was stress related so did not pop pills. I sat at the back door with a cup of chammomile tea to try and relax me.
* I recognised i may have disturbed sleep tonight, and that I had had a draining day so I allowed myself an hour power sleep. I set my alarm and made sure I got up as soon as it went off and have done an hour of cleaning to tire myself out for tonights sleep hopefully.
* I ate pointed jaffa cakes and have given myself permission to have a pointed chinese if I want it later for my tea. At this moment in time as i ma writing this I think the permission granting has taken off the craving and a nice bowl of tomato soup sounds more appealling.
Along side todays events I have an essay crisis looming so tomorrow, I have a day off work. I intend to get up at my my normal time as if I were going to work and get some exercise in to clear my head. I am undecided at the moment as to whether to go for a walk in the fresh air or hit the treadmill, but I guess it will depend on what the weather brings.
I can't say I feel 100% better, but writing this I do feel in control and like I say I feel at a cross roads and I have decisions to make. I will go to asda and get some dried fruit and some nice healthy quick prepare food to get me through the weekend, I will acknowledge my emotional eating habits and try to pick up some healthier options which will quell the eating demons and appease them but not undo the good work I have achieved so far this year.....
Oh god will the weightwatchers fairies please look down on me and help this poor reformed emotional eater?? will the force be with me....... only time will tell.


No comments:
Post a Comment