Friday, 4 June 2010

Surviving the social life???




OK so weightwatchers are about changing habits for life. I really don't want to be a fat bride. Earlier this year I identified March was my downfall each year and had attributed that to my birthday and family social events taking over. I actually managed taht quite well, but the engagement has been another hiccup in the weight loss plan.

My goal if you remember was to have got down to 15stone by July 4th....I still have 13.5lbs to go....now I am going to be realistic, it is unlikely I can get to this target but I want to at least be heading towards it.

The issue is the social events, and finding time to plan...well there you go I ahve answered my own question. Seems thsi weightwatchers stuff works. Giving myself time to stop and think about what is going wrong rather than beating myself up over teh gain has actually got me back on track quicker.

This weekend I have the wibbly wobblies team 10 mile walk for wakefield hospice (pictures to follow...tutus not wings this time :o))so I have some bonus points. Now in the past I would have thought, oh my eating will be erratic so I will ignorethis weekend but no this time I am going to point and just keep an eye on it. Tomorrow I am planning to sit down with my lappy and plan my meals for the coming week and get an order out to asda I have found taht if I browse teh aisles I over buy and overeat.

I have a weekend away booked with Keith next weekend but again I am going to plan for it, save some points and then play catch up...if I could be 15 stone 7 by the weddding I am going to in July then I will be happy because I have managed to get back on track and identified my bad habits.

The picture at the top is an incentive. I spent a weekend away with the girls last weekend and we had a great evening in a hot tub, but the photographic eveidence is damning, To say this is one of teh better pictures is telling in itself.

Giggles really has no excuse......she has

1) a lovely man who loves her dearly,
2) loads of great friends who support her in her weight loss
3) her health (more or less) so has no excuse not to do gentle exercise
4) a weight loss plan she knows works when she follows it
5) a huge incentive of a wedding in 2012.


Giggles also knows the things which slow her down.

1) not giving herself time for herself so she can plan and eat her meals.
2) not prioritising her exercise goals
3) her social life and her attitude that she can catch up tomorrow rather than planning.....

So basically I need to put it in action. I will try and put my menu on here for the week too as I think this may help me.

Well thats it I am ready to meet the challenge....onward and upward :o)

Hope you are all making steady progress on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment