
Well its sunday night in the curse of March....
This weekend mothering sunday (although we celbrate on saturday as my mum has charitable commitments on the sunday).
My sister and I thought long and hard and bought my mum a basket of bulbs, and we went to the theatre to see calendar girls. Mum is trying to eat healthily so we decided against the usual chocs and wine.....her face lit up when she opened the gift, especially as my sis and I had made her cards for her too.
We went to the theatre and had no sweeties....and you know what not one of us missed them. We were so engrossed in the hilarity of the performance we didn't need the munchies. I ordered our interval drinks, and made sure the words diet coke rather than white wine came out of my mouth !!!
But then disaster struck.........
My father and my sister appeared really tired, and I suggested they stay over rather than drive over the penines. They agreed but then we had teh issue of food. I live alone, so I do not carry supplies for 4 lol. Everyone was tired and so I suggested we eat at the local pub.
I picked the pub as they have lots of 'smaller portion' meals and felt that people could choose what they wanted whether they decided to diet or not. I must admit I was a bit panicky....what with them having my favourite macaroni cheese and all lol.
Anyway we sat down, and instead of macaroni I found myself ordering haloumi salad, and my mum bless her, she had a tuna jacket potato. It was nice sitting eating as a family and we all ate as we wanted and the food was delicious and all served as if it were lobster or caviar. Presentation is such a big thing.

So I survived the first of the 'family' weekends in march that usually cause me to overeat....I am convinced that I will have a gain this week just as I am out of my usual routine but I have tried and thats the main thing.
Just thinking about my mum and dads wedding anniversary now. 40 years :o). I hope if I ever get married I look as beautiful as my mum did. (beautiful peeps in top pic are my mum and dad last year on our family holiday)


I love it that you are so in the zone :) gosh just think how many extra cals/points you saved by not having sweets, wine and a proper pub lunch - you got it going on gal :) and you had lots of fun. Have a good week
ReplyDeleteTC MANDXX