
So I had a copy of this fat picture in my wallet so everytime I bought a drink I saw Mrs Blobby. I also took my car to avoid the lure of real ale. My other plans went slightly wrong but it wasn't my fault guv.
PLAN A - HAVE CLEAR SOUP FOR STARTER WHILST OTHERS HAVING GREASY PRAWN TOAST ETC - PLAN FAILED. Failed as this buffet did not have soup lol. Instead made a tiny weeny duck pancake last by packing it out with lots of strips of cucumber. Entered into witty banter with my dinner friends whilst I put down my knife and fork down and enjoyed each mouthful.
PLAN B - ONLY GO TO BUFFET ONCE. unfortunately the queueing part was one of the most sociable bits; we were a large party and it was the only time you got to speak to other people around the table. So I used a side plate and each time I went up I just had a spoonful of one meal....and looked for teh none battered one. I also asked for a small portion of boiled rice as I was on a low fat diet and they obliged quite happily.
there was also a chocolate fountain ......which again was a social focus....ARRRRGGGHHHH

But I was good...one marshmallow dipped in choc to join in general hilarity whilst people trying to work out how to use fountain and then just had the fruit and did not dip it :o). No one noticed.
My diet Saboteur was also present and true to form all the way through I had 'oh tell me you are not dieting tonight...its only one night, you look fine as you are'...... 'oh glad to see you are not dieting ooo you should have one of these great big fried mushrooms ' but the little portions and frequent visits to buffet bar had her fooled lol.
she also berated me for bringing my car and not drinking but was ever so grateful for the lift home lol. Why do friends do this ??????
Keep the faith folks we can do this :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment