Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Wedding bliss :o)




Had a weekend with keith this weekend and attended his friends wedding.

Now previously any social event would have had me running away and hiding. I can't deny I was slightly nervous what with knowing no-one except Keith, but I was far calmer than I had ever been before.

Initially we had only been going to evening do and I had planned my outfit, but a week before the happy couple invited us to the full day. Well this did make me panic a wee bit. Initially I thought well I will wear the dress I initially thought, can't be helped, but then as the week went by I realised how it was stressing me a wee bit. With hours to go before I drove down to Lincoln I headed towards White Rose.

On the way there I counselled myself...

1) Don't buy first thing you see that fits
2) If you don't find anything you like the dress you have at home will be more than adequate

when I got there I went to Evans and thought bet there is nothing as there is a sale on. Lots of T-shirts and things but nothing weddingy but then I saw the lady in teh shop was wearing a maxi dress that looked nice, I asked her and she showed me the rail of dresses. I had a choice it was amazing.

There were two I liked and I purchased both, the lady behind the counter informing me I could return them if I wasn't happy. So off I trundled to Lincoln.

Keith loved the dresses, and gave a considered opinion as to which he preferred. It's weird , I had no fear parading in front of him and asking for his opinion, I was confidennt in my choices and both dresses made me feel good.

On the morning of the wedding I was running around getting ready and put on my trusty black sandals.....oh dear I should have tried them lol. When I put them on I could not walk in them.......my usually fat puffy feet had obviosuly lost weight and the wide fitting shoes now simply would not stay in place. Luckily I had put two pairs of possible shoes in the bag and the second pair fitted better although probably didn't go as well with the dress but with Keith on my arm, I didn't care.

The day was amazing, I met lots of new people and yes I was nervous but to be honest I was too busy enjoying myself to fret too much. One lady took me to one side for a girly chat.....I was amazed when she told me that she was so surprised when she met me as the picture she had in her head was nothing like the real me, and could not believe that I was nervous meeting new people (keith had prewarned some of his friends about my nerves I think), she told me how beautiful I looked and that I should never hide away. :o) made me feel like a million dollars lol. She said she was surprised that Keith and I had met on ww...I was too small lol I love this lady.

Keith cooked a barbecue on sunday , and considered my points when he was planning it .....he really is an angel you know.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the maxidress you wore for the wedding, I have been eyeing that one up myself of late ;-)

    ReplyDelete