
Day 2 and I have not succombed.
I have found 2 more triggers for myself.......
THE CANTEEN AT WORK
Last night I was so proud of myself I looked what I had in the cupboard and thought about what I was going to have for my lunch at work. I planned what I was going to take for snacks realising that I would not be able to sit for a day in front of my computer without the nibblies.
I got to work having eaten my peanut bar for breakfast, went about my business of the day my nibbly box full of grapes and strawberries by my side and then.......my boss calls me......'do I want lunch'.....
The NHS lets us take our own food to the canteen but I find myself thinking mmmm would it be rude to take my own salad and sit whilst my friend guiltily ate chips........was that a real thought or an excuse???
Well I find myself in the queue, talking to my boss who is eyeing up the quiche and chips, they smell lovely......and then I see it ...my saving grace.....the pasta is a safer option and I can have salad too. My quorn and salad would have been less but pasta and salad is a safe second.
I sit and eat and enjoy my friends company....phew......
and then
THE SUPERMARKET
I was driving home and realised I did not have anything to have with my salad so I think I will pop into Sainsbury's and pick up some fish...mmmmm
As I walk to Sainsburys from my car...a space of 200 yards...and I am thinking of strawberry tarts, chocolate, ready meals........mmmmmmm
Once inside I get a grip wandering up and down the aisles, I look at the ready meals, but force myself to look at the quorn ones noting the fat content, putting only those below 4% in my basket. I buy nice fruit......but then find myself eyeing up the strawberry tarts..........I run away but find myself in the ice cream aisle....they are in my basket before I notice......
I pay for my goods the mars ice creams nestled in my bags.....mmmmmm one after tea will be ok
I get in from shopping and one is in my mouth as I get in the door.......
THE SOLUTION????
As soon as I get in ....the computer is on and I check my points.....even with the errant mars bar I have enough points for the day...as long as i have salad and prawns......I can live with that....but previously I would have just eaten my tea and checked my points afterwards....and spent the evening bemoaning the fact I had over done it. Then I would probably have eaten myself silly as I would have thought there is no point carrying on today..I will start tomorrow......
So two days within my points....Its just the start but it feels good so far.............


No comments:
Post a Comment